Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    Ok. Enough of that. I'm not going to cry anymore on here, you guys don't even know me. But thanks for the chance to vent. Can't do it at home...

So, I am really hoping the Emigrate album hasn't been pushed back, but it looks like it has. This makes me sad. I wanted it closer to my birthday. Grr. It's done isn't it? Why push it back further?
    If you need to cry, just do it. This thread is a chaos, all of us use it for that. What is on your mind? In your case a nightmare, so vent. Sometimes it's easier with people you don't know, we want to see you feeling better, if this helps... I hope in the appointment the news are not too bad.

When is your birthday? Maybe you'll have the single, not the same but it is a beginning

Comment

• ^You're welcome to vent here whenever you need.

I cannot see any reason to delay the release of the CD, except perhaps to hype it a bit more?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
        If you need to cry, just do it. This thread is a chaos, all of us use it for that. What is on your mind? In your case a nightmare, so vent. Sometimes it's easier with people you don't know, we want to see you feeling better, if this helps... I hope in the appointment the news are not too bad.

When is your birthday? Maybe you'll have the single, not the same but it is a beginning
        Just a lot going on. Too many hours working and trying to manage my internship with it. My ankle still hurts all the time so I can't even go out for a long walk or something to think. No idea what's going to happen with my dad, or what the new prognosis is. Plus it's just a very emotionally charged day in the States today, so everybody is talking about the anniversary (13 years since 9/11, I know, not a big deal for most of the world, but it still hits people here very hard, me included) and where they were and stuff. So yeah. :P

My birthday is early in October, so it was going to come out after anyway, but just a couple weeks. Now I probably won't get it until the next month. Maybe. Sometime. I don't get a whole lot of stuff for myself. There's just never any money for it. Kids need so much stuff, and my husband just buys stuff for himself. So, I never buy things. When I do, it's things I absolutely have to have (and never really stuff for fun) so I'm just upset that this one thing I'm getting for me...I don't even know when I'll get it.

Comment

• Things must go better.

We are talking about the anniversary too, that and the independence of Cataluña (http://mobile.nytimes.com/reuters/20...onia.html?_r=1) and Scotland.

Maybe you'll get it sooner than you thing

Comment

• So, my mom just texted. They are in Rochester at Mayo. My dad is so weak he can't walk or stand by himself. I am...a little shocked at how quickly he is weakening. He was fine when we were in Arkansas. I'm not sure what to do.

Comment

• ^If it is feasible to pay him a visit in the short-term, I think that it would be a good idea.
              "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• ^ I might have to. They are only a couple hours away now, and in an exam room waiting for the doctor. His appointment isn't until 3:30 (another hour) but I guess the doctor is going to see him as soon as possible. Hate not being there, but there's nothing I can do anyway.

Comment

• Sometimes just being there helps. If it's possible drive over and hug and hold hands. My warm thoughts go to you and your family <3

Comment

• If you can't go, just speak with him and your mum. I hope he gets better soon.

Comment

• I'm going tomorrow after I get the kids off to school. Just cleared it with my boss (have I mentioned how awesome my boss is?). My mom didn't even argue when I told her I was coming, just said ok. That's how bad it is, my mom didn't even argue. They're going to do lots of tests to figure out what's wrong, then treat it, then after he's back in remission they will look at a transplant.

Hopefully they will have some sort of plan of treatment by the end of the day tomorrow...

Thanks guys. You have definitely helped me today

Now, ordering some thai food because there is no way I am cooking...

Comment

I'm going tomorrow after I get the kids off to school. Just cleared it with my boss (have I mentioned how awesome my boss is?). My mom didn't even argue when I told her I was coming, just said ok. That's how bad it is, my mom didn't even argue. They're going to do lots of tests to figure out what's wrong, then treat it, then after he's back in remission they will look at a transplant.

Hopefully they will have some sort of plan of treatment by the end of the day tomorrow...

Thanks guys. You have definitely helped me today

Now, ordering some thai food because there is no way I am cooking...
                        You didn't until now (talking about your awesome boss). I understand your mum prefers to have you there, I'm sure she needs you and is relieved because you are going. Having a plan of treatment in one day is very good, there is no lose of time.

Enjoy the dinner and try to rest tonight.

Comment

• Thanks for the supportive words the last few days guys, I really do appreciate it! My dad is still in the hospital and likely will be for a few more weeks. The docs are putting a plan together, and hopefully he will be able to do most of the chemo from home.

Also over the weekend, we adopted a puppy who we named Engel. It completely fits her, even when she is chewing up everything in sight...and terrorizing our cat Grendel.

Comment

Thanks for the supportive words the last few days guys, I really do appreciate it! My dad is still in the hospital and likely will be for a few more weeks. The docs are putting a plan together, and hopefully he will be able to do most of the chemo from home.

Also over the weekend, we adopted a puppy who we named Engel. It completely fits her, even when she is chewing up everything in sight...and terrorizing our cat Grendel.
                            I hope he can go home soon and of course be healthy. How are you?

Maybe you can post some photos, AiH posted some of his cat a long time ago....... Poor Grendel. :P

Comment

• I hope your dad will be fine soon, EmeraldRose!
                              ''Seitdem ich Guitar Rig 3 benutze, fühlt sich mein Haar viel voller an!'' - Paul Landers

Comment

• I'm doing better. It helped having to keep my mom from freaking out and having to go through the paperwork for the drug trial my dad is going to be doing. Also, having a puppy is very distracting. I can post a picture, sure

009.jpg014.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X