No announcement yet.

Whats on your mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I think the idea now is to both donate and get wet.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• Yup, but if you do not get wet, you have to donate more money.

Comment

• ^I believe they would rather do that.
        "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

• I hope if they do accept the challenge, that they do something classy. Or at least with fire.

This one, of all the videos I have seen, is BY FAR my favorite.

Comment

• ^I love it

Comment

• ^^ Now that's stylish. Mr. Stewart rules the ice-bucket challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                Don't forget to think about yourself! In the end your more worth healthy, calm and happy than anything else.
                I don't think anyone could have put that better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
                  I don't think anyone could have put that better.
                  Just wished I didn't make the grammar mistake and said "you're" !

Man, I so hope they do or at least one of them does the Ice-bucket challenge!

@TheRose: I used the ones without the CD's. The prononciation is explained well enough. The only real contribution the CD's make is that you learn to listen to native speakers, although they speak slowly, which isn't very representative for the real life.
                  And I know Dutch and German are so alike it's hard not to confuse them ! Luckily Dutch is my mothertongue, so I didn't have that problem when I learned German .
                  Last edited by Waidmann; 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They've got nothing to lose.
                  Dort wo der Horizont
                  Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
                  Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
                  Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

• Last edited by Waidmann; Today at 11:02 AM. Reason: Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They've got nothing to lose.
                    Really? It should be funny, but I find it cruel

Comment

• Originally posted by Maya View Post
                      Really? It should be funny, but I find it cruel
                      Who ever said my editing reasons were meant to be funny? I never did. Mostly it's just something I have in my head when I'm correcting myself.
                      Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
                        Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They've got nothing to lose..
                        That's a Robin Williams quote. They kept repeating it on tv the day he died. So sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rose View Post
                          That's a Robin Williams quote. They kept repeating it on tv the day he died. So sad.
                          It's from Robin Wiliams? WTH? I've known that expression for over a decade and never from whom it came! Well, now I see it's quite embarissing I posted that just in these days... That's exactly why I should watch tv.
                          Dort wo der Horizont

Comment

• Same here, didn't know he said that.

It's true, you didn't say it, I was talking aloud. I'm sure many people laughed with it.

Comment

• And Sophia (Till's girlfriend) challenged Richard today. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=688904357863814

Let's see what he does.

Comment

• This one takes the cake

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                                X