X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    The Olympics are seen all over the world and they have spent a lot of money, time and effort ,so except all the athletes got it so the competitions couldn’t take place, I don’t think so.
    Yep, they seem to continue.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    The Olympics are seen all over the world and they have spent a lot of money, time and effort ,so except all the athletes got it so the competitions couldn’t take place, I don’t think so.
    Last edited by Maya; 07-24-2021, 12:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Maya View Post
    I missed this post, I 'd have preferred that our team won, but we were with Italy in the final.

And now the Olympic Games, it's so weird that there is no public, but situation is getting worse each day, so it's the right thing to do.
    I wonder if the government in Japan might even prematurely cancel the olympics, if infection-numbers keep rising.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    I missed this post, I 'd have preferred that our team won, but we were with Italy in the final.

And now the Olympic Games, it's so weird that there is no public, but situation is getting worse each day, so it's the right thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrisss Nofff View Post
    Did any of you watch the Eurocup? Sad to see England once again not win a championship. Congratulations to Italy, they did a great job.
    I did watch a great part of it. I'm not really a fan of Football but I like to see the Eurocup and Worldcup.

As the belgians were defeated by the italians, I guess most of my fellow-coutrymen were glad to see Italy win. Because now we can say that we were defeated by the champion, which is less of a disgrace
    The belgians did not play very well that night. We really have a team that could defeat the italians and practically everyone in the world for that matter, but we 've messed it up, like always.

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Did any of you watch the Eurocup? Sad to see England once again not win a championship. Congratulations to Italy, they did a great job.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Rose View Post
    Are the blood clots just what would normally appear statistically and just a coincidence just after the vacc, or are they a result of the shot. The numbers seem very small to warrant widespread panic.
    In Belgium it's actually even less than usual. Normally, without any pandemic, we would even have a higher rate. It's a very weird situation. So we go on. Our expert was on CNN today to explain why we see no harm in continuing. I'm afraid many countries will learn they didn't had to hit the break after all and wasted valuable time.
    I guess governments are overprotective and too careful nowadays. I get that; especially in those countries where there were riots.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's Day to you all. I invite you to have a drink tonight (with our without alcohol, but without inviting company please).

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    Denmark expects to have all eligible for vaccination (over 16) to have had the second shot by mid July. It used to be end June.

They started the first group on December 27, and I expect to have had both shots by mid May. The health authorities have a calendar they update weekly so you can follow which groups have gotten theirs and when you can expect to get yours. Last year I got my usual flu-shot, and an extra pneumonia shot that is supposed to hold good for 5 years.

I'm really looking forward to getting mine, almost regardless of brand. Though watching the news about AstraZeneca and being a little confused. Are the blood clots just what would normally appear statistically and just a coincidence just after the vacc, or are they a result of the shot. The numbers seem very small to warrant widespread panic.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    It's weird to thin why things go so slow. If Biden thinks on the 4th of July he can have over 300 milion Americans vaccinated, how on earth is it going so slow in Europe?
    But than again, it's incredible there's already a vaccin. I hope we will get to travell in the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    My parents are still waiting, so I'll have to wait months

Leave a comment:

• Chrisss Nofff
    replied
    Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
    How's vaccination going on at your place? And are you going to let yourself be vaccined?

I surely will, as I think in the end it will be the only way out of this. But it goes veeerry slowly here. I hope it will be my turn before the summer but at this pace, it will be autumn
    The smaller European countries hope that by June everyone can get their first dose. The bigger European countries, like Germany and France, hope that at least by September everyone has gotten their first dose. I will get vaccinated as quickly as I can. But I am below 30 years old, which means that I am part of the last group of adults that will be offered the vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    We're only at 5%. We will all be vaccinated by the 11th of July, if all goes well. And we continue with the AstraZenica despite our neighbouring countries. It's been implied that starting from the summer, venues and public events might refuse people who are not vaccinated.

Leave a comment:

• The Rose
    replied
    In Denmark 6-7% of the populations have been vaccinated by now, it's a bit slow a we haven't received the doses that were promised. I'm in the group that will start et end of March and will be finished with the second dose mid-May.. I'll be in line for my doses as soon as I get the get-go. They expect to have vaccinated all who wants to be by the end of June. I do not understand the people who says no.

Leave a comment:

• Maya
    replied
    In Spain, it’s really slow, we need more dosis. Last week second phase began, the first one were health workers and elder people living in nursing homes, now people over 80 and essential workers (teachers, policemen, firemen....)

and yes, I will too, I think it’s the way to End with virus. But Like you my turn is far way

Leave a comment:

• Waidmann
    replied
    How's vaccination going on at your place? And are you going to let yourself be vaccined?

I surely will, as I think in the end it will be the only way out of this. But it goes veeerry slowly here. I hope it will be my turn before the summer but at this pace, it will be autumn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X