Coming soon (Movies)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art in Heaven View Post
    I live about ten minutes walk from Tolkiens birthplace and Sarehole Mill where he set middle earth. They have a tolkien weekend there every year. It used to be a few hundred people would attend over the weekend, but now since those fucking films, thousands of sad lonely twats dressed up wearing stupid clothes and stick on fucking ears invade the place.

I never liked the books but I respect the fact that they are seen as great works, and were never aimed at scum like them.
    LMAO! That must be really bad, like living near a star trek convention centre or something.

Comment

^But star strek at least was not base on a book. And it is much more interesting than LoTR.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Is there somebody here watching this series, that had read the books????

I'm talking about the first season.

Comment

I watched half of the season of Game Of Thrones and then dropped HBO, but I just picked up HBO again for True Blood.
          I saw Dark Shadows yesterday and loved it.
          Today I saw Snow White and The Huntsman. I liked it ok. My friend and I are also seeing the Chernobyl Diaries movie in about a half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Edelweiss View Post
            I watched half of the season of Game Of Thrones and then dropped HBO, but I just picked up HBO again for True Blood.
            I saw Dark Shadows yesterday and loved it.
            Today I saw Snow White and The Huntsman. I liked it ok. My friend and I are also seeing the Chernobyl Diaries movie in about a half hour.
            ^I like True Blood as well, but they have to look out they don't copy the format from earlier episodes to much. I still have to see the 4th season now.

Maybe I'll give Snow White a chance, as I won't get my hopes up for many other movies this year (only the new Batman and The Hobbit)...
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Saw Snow White and the Huntsman on Friday. Now impressed. It was all Game of Thrones wannabe in some scenes, then My Little Pony prancing throught thefield with magical creatures in other scenes. And what was up with Kristen Stewarts performance? Someone would say something to her and she would just stare at them.

I'm really looking forward to Prometheus this Friday. Hopefully it's as good as the first two Alien movies.

Comment

@Wasp85
                I'm looking forward to Prometheus too. I downloaded Iron Sky yesterday and I'm going to put that on tonight because It looks like a bit of a giggle, but Prometeus is worth a watch in 3D at the pictures methinks.

Comment

Waidmann ~ True Blood is the best ! Sometimes certain episodes drag, but then they pick up. A lot of people have trouble following it. I get so many questions the next day from friends and coworkers because they don't get it.
                  I am hoping season 5 will be better that season 4. I am still sad that Godric died, I loved his character.
                  @wasp85 ~ Snow White is a kids story about how a working class girl ended up marrying a Prince. A tale to inspire hope for children of working class. How often does someone like me marry a prince ? Princess Di and Kate Middleton are both rich from well to do families, I always found it funny that the media paints them as paupers. Let me be a pauper with their $$. I know they made Snowie the princess. I loved the fantasy parts of the film, with the horses and fairies. Knights In Shining Armour were what was around in that time period. I fealt more like they ripped off Joan Of Arc but at least she wasn't a helpless heroine.
                  Kristen Stewart always acts like that. She usually always has that face where her teeth stick out. She acted the same throughout Twilight and The Runaways. It doesn't bother me but my cousin can't stand her because of that reason.
                  ArtInHeaven ~ my friend wants to see The Dictator. I told her I heard it was horrible.

Comment

It was rather. There are some funny bits but it's mostly meandering crap. I watched Iron Sky last night and I have to say it's worth a watch. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

I haven't even heard of Iron Sky ! I will have to check it out.

Comment

i am looking forward to woody allen's latest movie in rome. karla
                        nc honeymoon suite

Comment

Waiting for this movie eagerly, i know i am gonna miss Joker in it but i also do know that this movie is gonna kick asses of all those avengers.
                          Last edited by TimNolan123; 06-23-2012, 02:36 PM.
                          dorm fridges

Comment

I am still waiting to hear news of Peter Jackson`s "The Hobbitt" i think it was going to be released this year but not heard anything. I am sure if its anything like the Lord of the Rings it will be amazing
                            The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Originally posted by RICHARDS BIGGEST FAN View Post
                              I am still waiting to hear news of Peter Jackson`s "The Hobbitt" i think it was going to be released this year but not heard anything. I am sure if its anything like the Lord of the Rings it will be amazing
                              The date is somewhere above, I hate what he did with TLOTR

Comment

Originally posted by Maya View Post
                                The date is somewhere above, I hate what he did with TLOTR
                                Really, you did not enjoy the films, i think it is a very very hard thing to make a film from such an epic book and i thought he done pretty well, i think you either love them or hate them
                                The saying is "You dont know what you have got till its gone" the truth is "You know what you had, you just did not know you would lose it" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X