No announcement yet.

Hi! Decipherer here. Ask me questions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! Decipherer here. Ask me questions.

Hello there, I am Eyjafjallajökull the Decipherer. (Call me Eyja)

I am mostly here to answer questions regarding Rammstein's music in whatever non-rule-breaking way I can (of course).

To begin with, when you play a cover of Rammstein on guitar, you extremely likely play it wrong, which is interesting. (DO ask me. I am here to answer.) Almost all of the tabs on the net are wrong, which is extremely interesting to me.
    I am greatly inspired by the depth and complexity in music works, and when it comes to Rammstein, it is especially Rammstein's guitar-work, which is something I've come to admire greatly. It sounds so simple, but is very often played wrong, or with parts missing.

About me: I have social phobia. I don't go out. That's bad, but humans frighten me. In return, I am obsessed with musical theory and what actually is being played. I often spend several days deciphering a single song from 20 hz to 20khz. I am, as I said, obsessed with knowing exactly how to play things, and I also make my own music, but that's not what I am here for. I am here to answer questions, especially about Rammstein's guitar-work.
    I mean no offense of course, I am here to help.

My first contribution will come later today with a CORRECT guitar tab of Reise, Reise.
    Last edited by Eyjafjallajökull; 10-31-2016, 02:28 AM. Reason: Clarification
    I decipher music. Ask me questions.

Hello Eyja, welcome to the forum. I'm sure there will be people here who'll be glad of your knowledge. I myself haven't had a guitar in my hands since my twenties, so Rammstein might be too advanced should I try again

Comment

Welcome Eyja! Hope you'll find appreciation and fun in being around here.

Do you have any idea why many Rammstein guitar tabs are wrong on the web? Is there a pattern in them or some kind of "usual mistake" they make? It's indeed so that always sth seems to be off in covers etc. online, but I can't say exactly what.
      Dort wo der Horizont
      Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
      Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
      Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

The issue is frequencies and mixing. There is A LOT of depth in Rammstein's songs that people sadly never hear due to mixing being muddy or too low. If you poke at the frequencies, you can reveal hidden melodies, instruments, hell, even other people (like Paul, Olli and Richard) singing in the background. Regarding guitars, if you check my recently added tab of Reise, Reise in the Others section, you get to hear one of those hidden things. What's to blame there however is the guitar sound making it insanely hard to unwrap, but I managed after fiddling around for a while.

I should say however, some hidden things are intentional, and I greatly appreciate finding those hidden cookies, it makes it more fun if you actually find stuff, and Rammstein is pretty damn "secretive".

Here's a link to that thread. http://affenknecht.com/forum/showthr...for-Guitarists
        Last edited by Eyjafjallajökull; 10-31-2016, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I can't play guitar but I think your contribution will be very appreciated.

Comment

Thx for your answer !

Could you give an example of some "secretive aspect" you discovered during your works? I'm quite curious.
            If you like to discover things like that, I think especially the many-layered Rosenrot album should reveal much.
            Dort wo der Horizont
            Sich mit dem Meer verbindet
            Dort wollt' ich auf dich warten
            Auf das du mich dort findest

Comment

Thank you for all of the welcoming.

Originally posted by Waidmann View Post
              Thx for your answer !

Could you give an example of some "secretive aspect" you discovered during your works? I'm quite curious.
              If you like to discover things like that, I think especially the many-layered Rosenrot album should reveal much.
              In Nebel there's a sentence spoken by Flake covered by ambient sounds that is impossible to hear on the final version. But... it is hard to point to a single thing. Just the whole discovery of anything hidden is a highlight for sure.
              The song itself is one I consider the most deep of them all musically with 3-4 layers of guitars and a lot to figure out. Very fun in my opinion. I will make it my next tab after Morgenstern which also has really, REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY freaking interesting guitar stuff buried, or things people simply do not notice, which I cannot blame them for.

Rosenrot CD may have it, but I have yet to dig deeper into it so it will be interesting. (I got the CD a way back but haven't dug myself into it yet.)
              I'm on Reise, Reise now, and am currently obsessed with Morgenstern which, as I said, is going to be the next tab.

Also, Maya, do you think you can rename my thread in the Other section to "Eyja's Tabs for Guitarists" so I can keep everything in one so I don't have to make a thread for each song? It would get messy.
              Last edited by Eyjafjallajökull; 11-01-2016, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Eyja! Nice to have you here. I know absolutely nothing about instruments, so having you here is great!

Comment

Haha! Thank you. I'll try to enlighten with my tabs and so on.

Comment

Welcome Eyja, I hope you like it here. Could you tell me please, what is the sentence Fake says on Nebel?

Comment

Working...
                    X