Hallo from DaRob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hallo from DaRob

I'm Robbi from Indianapolis, IN. I discovered Rammstein when Du Hast got radio play in the US and bought Sehnsucht. I've enjoyed it in my regular roation of CD's, but mostly listen to satellite radio in my car on my 45 min commute. I had no idea Rammstein continued to build this amazing catalog, and it pisses me off that the only air play they get in the US is the occasional Du Hast on Liquid Metal channel. Fast forward to Sept this year I saw an ad for Amerika on Facebook and thought it would be good to pre-order. When I watched the DVD, it blew my fucking mind!!! I have been completely obsessed with all things Rammsteint/Lindemann/Emigrate ever since. It is all I listen to. I work for a very conservative emloyer, so I find it hilarious that I can listen to filthy Rammstein lyrics at my work station all day and no one has a clue because they don't speak German. Ironically, I took German lessons with my kids this spring and summer, because we took our first trip to Austria/Bavaria in July. I am by no means fluent in German, but at least I can read and sound out the lyrics and I am working on learning and understanding the lyrics. I got up at 3am to score VIP tickets to Rock in Vienna and I am sooooo stoked to see Rammstein in June!!!

Welcome, DaRob. Great to know you enjoyed RiA and are set to go see them next year.
    "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Welcome to this forum!!!

Comment

Welcome DaRob.

Comment

Welcome, DaRob - and better late than never, I were a latecomer myself

Comment

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Comment

German is the easiest language - you hear it, you spell it. Rammstein is the best band. I am the weird one that sits in the cinema until the credits have finished rolling ... made me buy the sound track and never looked back ... the film? Matrix with Keanu Reeves. Wenn Du Not hast Deutsch zu praktizieren kannst Du mich welche Wörte auf Deutsch besenden ... bin trotzdem immer noch Engländer und schreib nicht wohl auf Deutsch.

HarveyP

Comment

Hello HarveyP.
                I also wait till the credits have rolled because sometimes there is a little more of the movie playing.

Comment

Working...
                X