Mobile Site Not Working Properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Site Not Working Properly

Hi! First of all, thanks for making a great site as a central for Rammstein related news and lyrics. I've been using the site for a long time, and I'd like to point out that on Android, with Opera browser, the lyrics are cut off and can't be scrolled horizontally. Everything else works normally, it's just the textbox the lyrics are written in that causes problems. It's possible to read the lyrics and it's translation by using landscape mode, but it's a really annoying thing to do.
    Thanks again! I'll keep using this site no matter what, so much better than other alternatives.
    "I've rarely seen such an urinal as in America. Perfect height, wide as a Cadillac, a great flush. Perfect!"
    Christian Flake Lorenz

Hi Vertreiben,

thank you for joining the forum and for your feedback. Have you tried also another browser? Before we start our investigation, this information would be helpful.

Thanks
    Ex
    sigpic
    Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

Tried with Chrome, Opera and Firefox, all have the same issue. I think it's a problem with the word wrap in these browsers.
      "I've rarely seen such an urinal as in America. Perfect height, wide as a Cadillac, a great flush. Perfect!"
      Christian Flake Lorenz

Comment

Can I bump this? I'm very unfamiliar with forums and stuff, sorry if that's not allowed but I think this requires some attention, as it might drive someone away from using the site because they can't see the translation of the lyrics.
        Christian Flake Lorenz

Comment

^Of course you can bump, I think it's important that section works on all platforms. I found this site when I looked for lyrics and translations and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Comment

Originally posted by Vertreiben View Post
            Can I bump this? I'm very unfamiliar with forums and stuff, sorry if that's not allowed but I think this requires some attention, as it might drive someone away from using the site because they can't see the translation of the lyrics.
            Of course, this information is very important. I'm sure @external will solve it as soon as posible. I don't have android so I can't help with the testing. Somebody else is having the same problems using android? And the other way, are you using the same browsers without problems? Thanks for your help.

Comment

I will contact the programmers to see if an easy tweak is possible.
              sigpic
              Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

There is actually one way how to fix the issue - to edit all pages and have a mobile and desktop version of each lyric

The desktop would show it like this (current set up):

Du -------- You
                Du hast --- You have

And the mobile version then like this

Du
                (You)
                Du hast
                (You have)

It would of course take a lot of time to make this change, I am not ready right now since I see not automated way how to process all pages.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, that is not necessary anymore, as the page seems to move around fine now. Whatever you changed, it worked! Thanks for replying!
                  Christian Flake Lorenz

Comment

Working...
                  X