Upgrading affenknecht

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading affenknecht

Guys, i would like to upgrade the polish affenknecht, because the guy, who wrote things there sucks... He's translating things wrong and things like that, what can i do to add lyrics and translatings to the song, and all the stuff?

Hello Shadek,

can you please register at http://pl.affenknecht.com/wp-login.php?action=register and let me know after? I will upgrade your profile so taht you'll be able to edit things over there. Maybe you also want to introduce yourself a bit here.

Ex.
    sigpic
    Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

This thread is better suited for the "affenknecht" section. Moved it there.
      "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Registered, but this e-mail is going just too long :|

Comment

Shadek, would you also update the Polish news?
          sigpic
          Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

Comment

yeah, yeah, i will do everything soon, when i have time, now i drive from city to city and watch all the gigs and stuff like that

Comment

Jeez, i'm straight after an R+ gig and i wanted to write about it in Polish part of Affenknecht. And what i see when i get into my "cocpit" a lot of spams waiting to get into the news (deleted all) and finally after deleting 7 pages of this crap i want to add my news, and the Error 503 Temporarily unavailable... I open the Polish lyrics - Error 503... What?! Why is this bugged so much?!

Comment

^Because the server is shitty. I also get it a lot.
                "Which is better, eternal happiness or a ham sandwich? It would appear that eternal happiness is better, but this is really not so! After all, nothing is better than eternal happiness, and a ham sandwich is certainly better than nothing. Therefore a ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Well, the problem is that there is no full time programmer to repair it all. Today I repaired the databes for the spanish version, but I am not aware yet, how to repair the polish site. There is a more complicatred bug

another thing is with the speed. We have a big traffic, more than 6000 unique per day and the provider has set some limits, because it costs a lot of money...

Any suggestions to improve?
                  sigpic

Comment

^Do you think the load of the server would be less if we used a secondary server for the forum and image gallery?

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

I personaly think this is all about the main page and all the images. It generates a lot of TB transferred monthly (I dont have statistics for that, but my provider told me that for international traffic he has to pay more)
                      sigpic

Comment

^I think you could reduce on the images by creating a new layout that uses embeded fonts, instead of pre-rendered images. You could also shut down your image library, an move all fotos to your facebook page.

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

creating a new layout would take ages

Considering I have about 20 minutes a day, this is not gonna happen
                          sigpic

Comment

^Understandable. But assuming that is the image gallery that is taking so much traffic, maybe you will consider migrating it to facebook?

Of course, first you have to confirm this hypotesis

- Raymond M. Smullyan

Comment

Working...
                            X